i don't claim to know it all. i don't claim to be perfect. i just claim to love jesus.

Wednesday, March 05, 2014

the last year of single digits...



my amelya.

today. you're NINE years old. your last year of single digits. i cannot believe it.

you were the first to call me momma.

you were the first to show me that i'll probably "do" all the things i said i'd "never" do when i was a momma.

you were the first to make me feel that crazy feeling a parent feels when they see their baby for the first time.

you were the first to make me cry a good cry when you did something for the first time.

you were the first little hand to hold my finger and make me realize that i was just 'meant' to be a momma.

you were the one to make me realize i could never return to work. and that i indeed wanted to be a stay at home momma.

you were my first "official" student for school.

you are more like me than you'll ever really know...that scares me and makes me happy all at the same time. ;)

you are beautifully and wonderfully made...and i'm so blessed to be your momma.

love you baby girl. because you will ALWAYS be my baby girl.
love.
momma

2 loving words from you.:

Cheryl said...

She is adorable...then and now! Happy Birthday to you Amelya!

-stephanie- said...

Happy 9th Birthday pretty girl.